USWNT vs. Uzbekistan – International friendly
Date: April 9, 2022
Venue of events: Lower.com field; Columbus, Ohio
Transmission: FOX, ViX
Transmission time: 5 p.m. ET on FOX
Official start time: 5:30 p.m. ET
Starting eleven against Uzbekistan: 1-Alyssa Naeher, 2-Abby Dahlkemper, 5-Kelley O’Hara (Captain), 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 15-Alana Cook, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox, 20-Catarina Macario
Available Substitutes: 6-Jaelin Howell, 7-Ashley Hatch, 8-Sofia Huerta, 13-Ashley Sanchez, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Kristie Mewis, 23-Margaret Purce
Not Dressed: Bella Bixby, Imani Dorsey, Naomi Girma, Trinity Rodman
- Numbers in the USWNT starting XI cap (including this match)): O’Hara (151), Horan (109), Naeher (80), Dahlkemper (78), Pugh (71), Lavelle (70), Sullivan (26), Macario (16), Smith (14), Fox (12 ), cooking (8)
- The starting lineup averages 26.8 years of age, with only two players, O’Hara (33 years old) and Naeher (33), older than 30. Five players – Cook (24), Pugh (23), Fox (23), Macario (22) and Smith (21) – are under 25 years old.
- The lineup averages 57 caps per player with O’Hara (151) and Horan (109) as the most capped players on this list and in camp overall. All six 2019 World Cup champions called up for April training camp are in this starting lineup. Cook is the only player in the lineup with stops in the single digits.
- Vlatko Andonovski managed and won his first game for the USWNT in Columbus, Ohio, a 3-2 victory over Sweden on November 7, 2019. Four players from Andonovski’s first USWNT starting lineup are in tonight’s XI in Columbus: Naeher, Dahlkemper, Horan, and Lavelle.
- Advocate Kelley O’Hara i will win it 151St. cap overall as he captains the US for the third time in 2022 and the fourth time in his 13-year career with the USWNT. O’Hara has played the full 90 minutes in five of his last six meetings with the USWNT.
- Goalkeeper alyssa naeher will earn you 80the international cap as he makes his second start of 2022 for the USWNT. Naeher is only the third goalkeeper and 46the USWNT player overall to reach 80 caps. She has 46 shutouts in her 79 previous caps, the highest shutout percentage of any goaltender in USWNT history with 25 or more caps.
- Naeher returned to the field on February 20 and recorded a shutout in her first match for club or country in 202 days after sustaining a serious knee injury in the Olympic semi-final on August 2, 2021, when she was forced to leave the party. in the 30the minute.
- abby dahlkemper will see his first action of the year with the USWNT when he gets his 78the cap in general Dahlkemper, who missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup due to a back injury, will now have started 70 of his 78 career internationals.
- Mallory Pughwho led the US in scoring with three goals at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, will make his third start of 2022 when he earns his 71St. career-high Following his two-goal, one-assist performance against Iceland in his last action for the USWNT, Pugh now has 21 international goals and 21 international assists. Pugh, 23, is only 24the player in USWNT history with 20+ goals and 20+ assists, and only the 8th to reach the 20/20 milestone before age 25.
- Lindsey Horan is ready to win her 109the cap overall as he makes his first appearance in 2022 for the USWNT. Horan missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup while recovering from a knee problem, but has since returned to action for his new club Olympique Lyon. Horan, the 2021 US Soccer Player of the Year, is her career leading scorer on this list with 25 international goals and she also tops this list with 33 international assists.
- sofia smith will make his fourth consecutive start by earning his 14the overall cap for the USWNT. Smith, one of five players to start every game in the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, is the youngest player in this starting lineup at age 21 and has a goal and three assists in her previous 13 games.
- alana cook he will start his sixth straight match for the USWNT as he wins his eighth cap overall. Cook leads the USWNT in minutes played in 2022 with 226, playing all but four minutes in the 2022 SheBelieves Cup.
- Cook’s first camp with the USWNT began in Columbus in November 2019 in what was also the first event for Andonovksi. He earned his first cap at the end of that camp, playing 90 minutes in a 6-0 win over Costa Rica on November 10, 2019, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Ohio native Rose Lavalle will earn you 70the cap for the USWNT in his second appearance in 2022. Lavelle, who becomes the 52North Dakota The USWNT player to reach 70 games, he will now have played 34 games under head coach Vlatko Andonovski, the most of any player in his tenure with the US.
- This will be Lavelle’s sixth game with the USWNT in his home state of Ohio and his first since scoring a goal and providing three assists against Paraguay on September 21, 2021 in his hometown of Ohio. Cincinnati.
- andy sullivan will start for the ninth time in the USA’s last 10 games and will be 26the racing appearance for the USWNT. Sullivan, who appeared in just one game in 2020, has played the full 90 minutes in four of his last eight games with the USA.
- emily fox will make his seventh consecutive start and get his 12the overall cap for the USWNT. Fox will now have appeared in every game the US has played since the October 2021 FIFA window, the only USWNT player to have appeared in all eight games during that span.
- Catarina Macario will make his fourth start of the year when he gets his 16the overall cap for the USWNT. Macario, 22, scored twice and had an assist in the SheBelieves Cup final against Iceland on February 23 and was named SheBelieves Visa Cup MVP. From that match against Iceland, Macario he has seven goals in his last six games combined overall for club and country.